Welcome to Canadas Best Value Inn Port Hawkesbury/Port Hastings. Located on the shores of the Straight of Canso, our hotel is conveniently situated at the entry to Cape Breton Island on the eastern end of the scenic Canso Causeway.
We invite our guests to start your day off right with our free continental breakfast. Stay connected with free wireless Internet access in all guest rooms. Corporate travelers will be sure to take advantage of our business center with a computer, and available fax and copy services. Appreciate the convenience of our guest laundry facility, open seasonally from June 1st to September 30th. Step into the privacy and comfort of your own guest room featuring amenities including a hairdryer, coffeemaker, cable TV, DVD player, iron and ironing board, free local calls and wake-up service. Enjoy a relaxing swim in our heated indoor pool, open seasonally from June 1st to September 30th.
There are a few restaurants located within walking distance of our hotel including Country Kitchen and A&W Restaurant. Head just a few miles downtown for a host of other dining choices including A1 Pizza, Rose Garden Chinese, or Papas Pub. Port Hastings is host to numerous annual events including the Antigonish Highland Games during the summer. Experience Nova Scotia's abundant beauty at Long Point Provincial Park. Play a round of golf at Dundee Golf Course, or try your luck fishing for offshore giants with Bluefin Tuna Charters. Stay inside and play a few games of billiards at Dooly's, or give Canadas' beloved sport curling a spin at the Strait Area Community Curling Club.
At Canadas Best Value Inn Port Hawkesbury/Port Hastings, We've Got You Covered from the time you hit the road until your head hits the pillow.
Off-Site Recreational Activities:
* Strait Area Education and Recreation Center, 3.9 km.
* YMCA of Cape Breton/Port Hawkesbury, 3.9 km.
* Strait Area Community Curling Club, 4.3 km.
* Port Hawkesbury Tennis Court, 4.3 km.
* Dooly's Billiards, 4.4 km.
* Dundee Golf Course, 32 km.
* Bluefin Tuna Charters, 54 km.
* Bell Bay Golf Club, 88.7 km.
* Business Center
* Guest Laundry Facility - Open 4pm-11pm seasonally from June 1st to September 30th
* Seasonal Indoor Pool and Fitness Center - Open seasonally from June 1st to September 30th
* Long Point Provincial Park, 2 km.
* Port Hawkesbury Civic Center, 3.9 km.
* St. Peter's Canal, 48 km.
* Cabot Trail, 78 km.
* Highland Village Museum, 83 km.
* Alexander Graham Bell Museum. 89 km.
* Fortress Louisbourg, 167 km.
* Complimentary continental breakfast
* Country Kitchen Restaurant, 0.2 km.
* A&W Restaurant, 0.2 km.
* Subway, 4 km.
* A1 Pizza, 4.2 km.
* Dairy Queen, 4.2 km.
* Greco Pizza, 4.3 km.
* Tim Horton*s, 4.3 km.
* McDonald*s, 4.7 km.
* Papa*s Pub, 4.7 km.
* Shindigs Pub, 4.8 km.
* Rose Garden Chinese, 4.8 km.
* China King Buffet, 5.1 km.
* Nova Scotia Power Company, 2.5 km.
* Walmart, 5.5 km.
* Premium Group Head Office, 47 km.
* Eastern Paper Products, 107 km.
* Antigonish Highland Games, Summer
Local Colleges and Universities:
* Nova Scotia Community College, 2.4 km.
Nearby Medical Centers and Hospitals:
* Strait Richmond Hospital, 16.8 km.